[torontocbm] question about parallel cables

  • From: Dan Gahlinger <dgahling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:03:20 -0400

I'm just wondering if anyone knows...

is there a difference in the wiring between the "commodore parallel"
cable for the 1541 drive
and the 21 second backup cable that goes inside the drive?

I have no way to double-check the wiring.

I know the "Trackmimic" cable was ever so slightly different from the
21 second backup cable
though I found a way around that. Anyone with a copy of "Trackminic"
please contact me.

but as far as the 21 second cable and the parallel cable,
does anyone know?

Dan.