[torontocbm] Re: Whats the best way to get an A1200 online?

  • From: Dan Gahlinger <dgahling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 22:03:27 -0400

Very very cool! Thanks!

I still think the A1200 is the best model, once upgraded of course.
it just needs some extendability as far as storage goes (NFS would be best)

well I guess I'll be busy for a while :)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Miraglia, Walter <
Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?5797-Guide-to-setting-up-Internet-access-via-MiamiDX-on-A1200-with-Netgear-MA401

This guy has lots of videos on You tube and videos on getting the 1200
on the net. He sold me my 1200 all the way from the UK. Great guy.

On Apr 7, 2015, at 9:53 PM, Dan Gahlinger <dgahling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you kidding? I've had orinoco cards (silver) lying around for,
forever.
I knew they might come in handy some day. assuming I can find them. grr

thanks, I'll go to aminet and get what I need there.

I'd love to get the A1200 online.

can it do NFS or some way to connect storage? that'd be really nice too.
solve a lot of problems.

if I get it running like that, maybe even get a BBS on it (hah)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 9:45 PM, Miraglia, Walter <
Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A pcmcia wifi or Ethernet card works very well. The TCP/IP software is
available for purchase from Amiga kit. They have a package that includes
the card, drivers and software. Or you can get a card on eBay or Amibay
and download all the software and drivers for free from aminet.

The 1200 will connect to a vga monitor with the appropriate display
driver (also on aminet) and one of those 23 pin to vga connector.

Www.aminet.net.

3com ether link III 3C589d pcmcia
And Orinoco silver or gold wifi card.

:0) hope this helps.

Cheers!

On Apr 7, 2015, at 9:13 PM, Dan Gahlinger <dgahling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there an easy way to get an Amiga 1200 online?
I'd like to connect it to a LCD monitor as well.

I have a clock/cpu/memory combo upgrade in it

Dan.