[torontocbm] Re: VINTAGE COMPUTER FESTIVAL MIDWEST August 29-30, 2015, Elk Grove Village, IL

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 14:33:36 -0400

World of Commodore is the best, of course ;-)

Seriously though, I've been going to the Chicago event for 10+ years
now (yikes!), it's as much about seeing everyone that we talk to
online on #c64friends, Lemon64, etc. in person and catching up with
fellow Commodore/retrocomputing fans as it is for the event, talks,
and shopping (though those are also very good). It's pretty informal
and well attended, more of a party/bazaar atmosphere.

That said, I've never been to the East coast event, but I'm seriously
considering it this year. The schedule of events and attendees sounds
pretty amazing (http://www.vintage.org/2015/east/). April 17th-19th.

Anyone else up for a roadtrip?

-Leif

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Frank Michielli <bigmanfrank@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Which one is better?

Sent from Outlook

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM -0700, "Frank Michielli"
<bigmanfrank@xxxxxxx> wrote:

17-19 new jersey

Sent from Outlook

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:14 AM -0700, "Miraglia, Walter"
<Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Booked it last Thursday, First time going to one of these. Looking
forward to it. I may bring my Elf2k with home-made hex keypad and my
replica 1 assuming I get it built by then. :0)

Anyone going to the east coast vintage fair April 18-19 I think the dates
are?

On Apr 7, 2015, at 2:07 PM, Frank Michielli <bigmanfrank@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Heads up. Booked my room last night. They are out of single rooms. I'd
suggest if you didn't book yet, book now!

Sent from Outlook

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM -0700, "Leif Bloomquist"
<leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Heads up that the "Chicago Show" (ECCC / VCFMW) has been moved to the
end of August (29-30th) for 2015.

They have moved to a new venue that is quite a bit more expensive than
the old one, and are soliciting for donations to help put the show on
(through Paypal or GoFundMe).

Details here:

http://www.vcfmw.org/

-Leif