[torontocbm] Re: TPUG Amiga Library disks

  • From: Burt <c64dungeon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:41:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
You know that some Amiga disks can seem "damaged" (bad sectors etc) but read ok
on other drives?  I suggest using other drives to read them (eg Chinnon 354).
By this, I mean checking the disk on other disk drive, on other machines if
possible.  Also if I may, I think you may want to archive all TPUG disks into
ADF files - this is what I do and have done with all of my disks.  And I think
it must be close to 3-500 that I archived.
Also, a bad disk drive is not always bad, as it can be fixed (cleaned, aligned
etc).
Burt