[torontocbm] Re: Someone really wants this VIC-20 Cassette game on eBay!!

  • From: Golan Klinger <gklinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:39:56 -0400

Ken Rath wrote:

> Ultima Escape from Drash Commodore VIC 20 Sierra Game
>
> Check out what the current bid is!!! :)

Based on the prices paid for the previous copies of Mt. Drash that
have changed hands, I'd say that auction has a long way to go. Don't
be surprised if it sells for a few grand.

> Has anyone heard of this VIC-20 game before???

It's well known and considered one of the holy grails of gaming
software. Rarity aside, it isn't anything to write home about and only
worth playing so you can say you have. There is a bit of background
about the game at the Wikipedia [1] and if you'd like to try it for
yourself you can download a copy from Zimmers [2]. Also, Mt. Drash is
included (in the form of an Easter egg) on the VIC-20 Mega-Cart [3].

[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima:_Escape_from_Mt._Drash>
[2] <http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/vic20/games.basic/8k/index.htmlI>
[3] <http://www.mega-cart.com/>

--
Golan Klinger <gklinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.