[torontocbm] Re: QuadPortIec Issues

  • From: Jim Brain <brain@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 17:33:43 -0500

On 4/4/2015 5:15 PM, Frank Michielli wrote:

This is even possible using a quadportiec? Anyone have one?

The setup I am trying is:

Port 1 = sd2iec drive #8
Port 2 = 1581’s drive #8,9
Port 3= 1541’s #drive #8,9
Port 4 = 1571 # drive 10

When I have only port 1 on and the rest off, it doenst seem to work. In fact I don’t
Get a ready prompt, unless I unplug all the other drives.
I have tried numerous ways to wire this up, but the quadportiec, I am assuming, still allows
To see the other drives regardless of the switch.

Any thought to why?

Frank
QuadPortIEC usage is still subject to the IEC bus rules, and I think 5 is the most devices I have ever seen on a chain. You're 1 over, maybe 2 (some computers are more sensitive, but 4 should always work).

Jim

--
Jim Brain
brain@xxxxxxxxxx