[torontocbm] Re: PET Joystick Adapter Project

  • From: Jim Brain <brain@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:22:05 -0500

On 4/21/2021 5:41 PM, Chiron Bramberger (Redacted sender chironbramberger for DMARC) wrote:

Also... the idea for a keyboard hardware thing you plug between the computer and keyboard. I have designs that are based on chips that would be too expensive to mass produce. So I need to find some cheap enough parts. But that design, although super easy and flexible and would support any pet game, is just too expensive. I don’t think enough people would want to pay like $100 or more for a joystick adapter that lets you quickly assign keys to the joystick before each game simply by typing on the keyboard.

Hmm, I hope not.  I'm targeting the KB/joystick PETKey system for $40.00 or so, with 2 joystick ports and the option of a C64 KB or a PET KB on the entry side.

Jim