[torontocbm] My Hummerboard hack thus far...

  • From: "Miraglia, Walter" <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:40:48 -0500

Well Mr. Stein of Toronto, was great and came through for me,
He had a hummer board collecting dust and agreed to
Sell it to me, so I picked it up this morning, we had coffee and chatted...

Thank you very very much Mike,  :o) I am very very happy ...

Okie doke, well I went out and bought a little black plastic case,
Some connectors etc, and a very cheap ps/2 keyboard...

Could not wait to get home and play...

First thing I did was hook up power and check out the native hummer...
Interesting, but not as exciting, as a flashing cursor in basic V2.0 in my
opinion...
(no offense to those involved in the hummer game... I'm just not much of
A driving game person... plus I did not get the steering wheel...)

In any case I managed to solder on two push buttons,
An RCA for Audio, and an RCA for video, a power jack (with 5volts regulated
source)
And for now cut the end of my PS/2 keyboard and soldered the wires to
Data, Clock, +5 and gnd.

Held down the tab button, held my breath, and turned it on...
I was thrilled to see the Commodore basic screen come up.

Keyboard works great,
Tomorrow I hook up my sd2eic and see how that goes,
And then I want to reflash my unit, so I can make use of
All the User port Pits. 0-7.  I will most likely
Either cut the connections to the adc, or put a switch
In so I can chose to use it or not?

Either way below are links to pictures I took...
The monitor looks great with the hummer,
:)

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxalt7J

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqowjS0

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxalAC9

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxalD6i

so I have to flash this puppy now so it boots to basic,
automatically does the colour thing, and replace the
directory with other goodies....

I have a lot of reading to do before I attempt those bits..

Anyway this is my heads up...

Cheers and thanks all ...