[torontocbm] Re: Looking for paddles for C64

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:16:53 -0400

Note that "paddle jitters" can also be caused by bad/borderline capacitors
in the machine, as the paddle position is read by timing how long a
capacitor takes to charge (I forget the exact details).

I've seen this in the VIC, and I presume the C64 could be susceptible as
well.

-Leif

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:20 PM, <rob.adlers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Long and McQuade sells fader lube too, which works really nicely. Not
cheap mind you.

Rob Adlers
www.robadlers.com