[torontocbm] Re: 1581 issues

  • From: James Alexander <james.m.alexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:10:58 -0400

Hi Frank

As far as I can remember the 1581 was indeed designed with both 64 & 128 in mind as you've probably found out.

Btw I have the disks you were trying at last months meeting. 3 of them I wasn't able to format & a few others I was. I was able to copy a few games & such on to a couple of them & I'm trying to get 1 of my old pc's to work with freedos so I can use star commander again so I can get the 1581 test demo disk to you as well. It's not the be all end all of 1581 utilities but still a useful start.

See you tomorrow night at the meeting,
James

On 21/03/2015 8:39 PM, Frank Michielli wrote:

Well I found a ribbon at the flea market today for the 1581. It seems to resolve the write and format issues I had. But.... When I try to load a directory on C128, all I get is garbage but in c64 mode it's fine.

Was the 1581 made to use on the 128?

Sent using CloudMagic <https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pi&cv=6.0.64&pv=8.2>