[tn-moths] Re: Question about size of 3688 Clepsis peritana – Garden Tortrix

  • From: "buggybuck" <buggybuck@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:18:23 -0400

It is considered a valid species, not a complex; there is one junior
synonym: Tortrix inconclusana (Walker, 1863) (Dichelia).
BUCK

From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
To: TN-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 06:55:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [tn-moths] Question about size of 3688 Clepsis peritana – Garden
Tortrix

Does anyone know if there are seasonal size differences of Clepsis peritana
or if there is really more than one species involved?  The first ones in
spring are always much larger than what I see the rest of the year. 3688.1
– Clepsis penetralis looks close but I can't find any information on size.

http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths
http://www.finishflagfarms.com