[tn-moths] Janet's Going Away Party

  • From: Allan Trently <ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:33:26 -0400

Janet McKnight just let me know about the going away party for you at her
place.  I told her that I had to work that day.  Her reply was, "Take the day
off...Geeeez!!!!!!!"  With her flagrant use of exclamation points I'm assuming
she was upset with me.  I did not reply back to her.  Before she maligns me
anymore for my decision here are the reasons I can't come:

- I have to work that day
- The trip I'm leading on that day is a trip I had to cancel last year; I made
a promise to some of the people that were to go on the trip that I would
reschedule it.  I don't want to cancel the trip a second time.
- the trip is on the first day of Natural Areas Week!  This is an important
week for Natural Areas.  It would not look good at all if I were to cancel.
Any other week I might cancel but not this week.
- I am working both days on the weekend of the party.  It's going to be a busy
weekend so it would be hard to get away
- I really do want to go and I think I should be there.  If Janet feels the
same than why the hell did she not include me in the planning?  If she did, I'm
sure we would have found a date that works for all or most of us.

So there it is.  Hope everyone has a good time and wish I could be there.

Allan Trently ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx

's