[tn-moths] Re: High gear

  • From: "Marvin Smith" <ms6wood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:00:04 -0500

More like “late spring” at the very least here in the Ozarks.  Redbuds and wild
plum blooms are just starting to open.  If the weather suddenly returned to
normal we could still have a hard freeze.   That’s what I’ve been fearing, but
even I am beginning to believe a freeze isn’t going to happen.

Moths are starting to shift into summer species, including the four Lunas I saw
last evening.

Congratulations on the Abbot’s Sphinx, Ken.  I found an Abbot’s caterpillar
feeding on Virginia Creeper last June.

Marvin