[tn-moths] Re: Green Cloverworm Moth (Hypena scabra)

  • From: Audrey Hoff <ahofftn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:33:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike, and other Moth-ers,

I also have had a Green Cloverworm this year, and also on 2-21-10.  Since the
day was warm, I put up a UV light, and attracted this moth, plus one other,
which I have tentatively ID'd as a Spring Cankerworm Moth (Paleacrita vernata),
after looking at BugGuide and Moth Photographer Group images.  The Spring
Cankerworm was collected and chilled for other photos. The UV light-attracted
image is much grayer than the image taken later.

Audrey Hoff

Audrey Hoff
I think that I think, therefore I am.......maybe.......