[tn-moths] FOY submissions & need Audrey's county

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:01:58 -0500

   Audrey and Mike, please put "FOY" in the subject line, so I won't miss any
entries.  Thanks.  We should have lots of flying friends soon; if we have a
standard format for FOY, it will help me immensely.   Subject line should
include "FOY" and moth.  Date and county need to be prominent in the body of
the email, preferably the first item.
Here is an example:
      Pyrrharctia isabella    Isabella Tiger Moth
      23 Jan
      Cocke Co, TN
      (Including Hodges number and/or family is helpful, but not necessary)

We're aiming for 1.000 different moths this year, in many different
counties........  This is going to be exciting!    We even need records of your
Cutworms and Corn Borers, before you squash them.  Let's put Tennessee on the
moth map.
Other info and personal observations are welcome on this list.  It is
especially helpful to us new moth-ers to learn how to attract moths, where the
day-flyers can be found, ID characteristics, etc.

Audrey, what is your county?   Knox?

Jean Obrist
Cocke Co, TN