[tn-moths] Re: Belize moth

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:52:59 -0700 (PDT)

Oh my....I wonder how many people driving around east Tennessee have seen
strange people on their porches or in their yards taking photos at night......
I'm on my front porch doing that most nights now...I know Audrey is....guess
you are too? *L*

The moth is on a window screen. Of course, I have no idea what the distance
between squares is. I do hope to go back there next winter, so I could measure
it then!! I may have an id on it soon...I contacted someone who did work on
moths in Belize about 5-8 years ago. He put it in the family Castniidae and
gave me a person to contact who might bring it to species. I'll let you know
what I find out.

Love the mantidfly pic!!!
David
 David Trently