[tn-moths] Re: Belize moth

  • From: klight10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:33:33 +0000 (UTC)

David,

Thanks for sharing the photo, what a beauty! What is the background the moth is
sitting on? That looks like a great way to tell how big it is! Even better than
Larry's sheet! :)

I had an interesting visitor to the porch lights last night. It was a
Mantidfly! I had never seen a live one before, only images in my books. I have
the photo posted on my blog: http://blog.easttennesseewildflowers.com/ The
Patent Leather beetle with the hitchhiking mites was interesting too. Isn't
nature incredible?! :)

Kris Light