[tn-dragonflies] Re: shadow darner

  • From: spreadwing@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:40:18 -0400

Agree with Richard. One of the last species flying in fall and always a welcome
sight. I had one ovipositing in my tiny pond last week and was thrilled to see
that, too.

Marion

Marion Dobbs
Rome (Floyd Co.) GA
ecurlew AT mac.com
http://www.mamomi.net
http://www.mariondobbs.net
mmdragon.net
http://bugguide.net/bgimage/user/9511

On Oct 26, 2015, at 4:32 PM, Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I flushed this darner from the side of my apartment when I got home this
afternoon Oct 26). It flew around for a few minutes and then perched about 12
feet up in a Colorado Blue Spruce. I'm tentatively identifying it as a Shadow
Darner. Any confirmation or hints to other id's would be appreciated. Here is
a link to a photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ricksphotos0501/22511925961/in/dateposted-public/

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/ricksphotos0501/22511925961/in/dateposted-public/>

--