[tn-dragonflies] Re: shadow darner

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Rconnorsphoto" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:32:52 -0400

Rick,
Looks good for Shadow Darner: color and size of abdominal spots looks
right, and color and shape of stripes on side of thorax looks right, I think I
can see the distinctive "flags" flaring at the top of the stripes.

As of Marlene's last report of a couple of days ago, Shadow Darner and
Autumn Medowhawks still flying up your way in Carter County.

Richard Connors
Nashville

In a message dated 10/26/2015 3:32:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I flushed this darner from the side of my apartment when I got home this
afternoon Oct 26). It flew around for a few minutes and then perched about
12 feet up in a Colorado Blue Spruce. I'm tentatively identifying it as a
Shadow Darner. Any confirmation or hints to other id's would be appreciated.
Here is a link to a photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ricksphotos0501/22511925961/in/dateposted-publ
ic/

--