[tn-dragonflies] Re: Springtime Darner in Davidson Co.

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

I think that butterflies and moths have to be more in sync with air temps and
the associated emergence of their food sources. Also, water temps may be warmer
than normal but I don't think they are as ahead of schedule as air temps are. A
couple of weeks ago I went wading in one of my shallow ponds to position a log
for turtle photography. The air temps were in the 80's but the water was still
numbing cold.

The Blue Corporals are starting to emerge in force. I saw the first one a week
or so ago but the past few days have seen dozens of tenerals around the usual
pond.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County