[tn-dragonflies] Springtime Darner in Davidson Co.

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:03:18 -0400 (EDT)

For the past several days I have seen Springtime Darners on the creek at
Ellington Ag. Cntr., several males patrolling the larger open pools.

This early spring does not seem to be affecting the odes like it has the
butterflies. Dragonfly and damselfly activity seems to be more on a "normal"
schedule, at least that's what I have observed on my rounds so far; not
quite  as in-full-bloom as the butterflies are already. I expect the odeing to
pick up dramatically in the next couple of weeks.

Richard Connors
Nashville