[tn-dragonflies] Re: Bedford Co. dragonfly

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 21:12:31 -0400 (EDT)

Doug,

The two I was looking at were Splendid and Midland clubtails. More field
marks for Banner fit: especially the "two complete lateral thorax stripes,
with  area between darkened" looks good. But the proportions don't look right
for  Banner,judging by photos. In the photos it looks "normal" size, not
short and  stocky as for Banner (not that I have seen this one). Splendid is a
big-ish  clubtail and would impress as such. Look at Midland (in Dunkle
etc., it's not  in Beaton). I have yet to find one but they are supposed to
occur. Handsome  clubtail is common in Bedford County, but it usually has more
yellow on top of  S8 & 9....

Richard Connors
Nashvile

In a message dated 5/15/2011 7:54:34 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Banner Clubtail, maybe?