[tn-dragonflies] Davidson Co. Painted Skimmer

  • From: "Richard Connors" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 21:39:30 -0400 (EDT)

5/08/2014
Radnor Lake State Natural Area, Nashville

This morning while birding at Radnor I saw a Painted Skimmer (Libellula
semifasciata) perched on a twig, in a sunny clearing by the trail.  In Dennis
Paulson's book he states they are "usually associated with woodland", this
would describe the situation where I saw it at Radnor. And I checked my records
on the few others I have seen, and all have been in May, I guess you could say
this is an early-season species.

Yesterday at Beaman Park in north Nashville I had Com. Baskettails, a couple
of Springtime Darners, and an Ashy Clubtail.

Richard Connors
Nashville

www.pbase.com/rconnorsnaturephoto