[TN-Butterflies] foy and bamona records for april

  • From: Stephen Stedman <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 09:03:46 -0500

I spent the week-end out of the office, so I have just gotten caught up
with all the nice butterfly records that were made, or so I think.
Please have a look at the page of my website devoted to FOY records and
make sure that all of yours are included.

If you took butterfly photos this week-end, please check the county list
at BAMONA to see if you can document a species not listed in that
county; if so, please send along the photo, and I will get it processed.

Over the week-end David Trently (and Audrey Hoff) visited Big Ridge
State Park in Union County and obtained photos of two species, ending
the long status of that East Tennessee county as having zero species
listed at the BAMONA website.  Also over the week-end Allan Trently
visited Natchez Trace State Park in Carroll County and obtained photos
of five species, ending the long status of that West Tennessee county as
having zero species listed at the BAMONA website.  That leaves just five
counties-Crockett, Gibson, Giles, Moore, and Weakley-without any
butterflies listed at the BAMONA website.  Let's hear a cheer for the
Trentlys, and let's try to get all five of those counties out of the
zero-butterfly zone this year.

Good butterfly counting, Steve Stedman

Cookeville, Putnam County

Link to FOY page of my website:

http://iweb.tntech.edu/sstedman/ButterflySightingsTN2009.htm

Link to BAMONA website (click on Map Search; then click inside the
outline of TN; then click inside the outline of your county):

http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/