[TN-Butterflies] coral hairstreaks are out and about

  • From: "Stedman, Stephen" <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn butterflies (TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 12:41:14 +0000

A friend in Clay County sent me a nice photo of a Coral Hairstreak on butterfly
weed; I submitted the photo to BAMONA as a first county record. Many other
counties in Tennessee lack a documented record of this stunning hairstreak, so
be on the look-out for it as you peruse the butterfly weed this month and into
early July.

Check out Doug Bruce's maps (link below) for Tennessee butterflies to see what
species you might add to the list of butterflies in the county where you live.

Good 'flyin', Steve Stedman

Stephen J. Stedman, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus
Tennessee Technological University