[TN-Butterflies] bamona records for smith county (17 apr 09)

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:07:45 -0500

On a trip from Cookeville to Nashville last Friday, I detoured to the Carthage
(Smith County) area to check on a bird report and to do a little searching for
butterflies in that county, as it is underrepresented at the BAMONA website.
Along the Turkey Creek Trail that is part of the north side of Cordell Hull
Dam, I photographed a Henry's Elfin and found a few other more common 'flies;
then at the Defeated Creek Recreation Area, I obtained a fairly diagnostic
photo of a Goatweed Leafwing and observed a few of the more common 'flies.

Hope to get back there soon and increase the still short list of butterflies
for Smith County at BAMONA.

Good butterfly counting, Steve Stedman
Cookeville, Putnam County