[TN-Butterflies] Summer NABA Count at Rick Evans/Grandview Prairie WMA, Hempstead Co., AR

  • From: Craig Marks <cwmaplc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ARBFLY-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fcjgmarks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, okleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TX-Butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 10:46:12 -0400 (EDT)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

    The count at this location in the spring was a great success. We ended up
with 11 counters, 30 species and 534 individual butterflies, not bad results
for a day that started so gray, windy and chilly. At the conclusion of the day
several people expressed interest in returning for a summer count to monitor
the Diann population.

    I have been working on picking a date for the referenced count and it
appears the better date for the greater majority of people that have expressed
an interest is Sunday, June 9, 2013. I realize some of you are not available
that weekend, having already made commitments elsewhere. I appreciate your
interest and hope that you remain interested enough to attend the count(s) in
2014.

   As always, we will meet in the Walmart parking lot near the entrance at 9:00
and the caravan to the location. Bring food/snack, water and bug spray (mostly
for ticks). Please let me know if you plan on attending so I know who to be on
the "lookout" for. As we get closer, I will supplement this e-mail with
specifics. thx,

Craig Marks