[TN-Butterflies] Probable Leonard's Skipper

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:28:30 -0400

Doug Bruce and I yesterday found the skipper shown in the attached photos.
The location was a field off of State Route 363 near Indian Creek boat dock
in Jefferson county.  We believe that it is a Leonard's Skipper.  The white
spot patterns in both views appear to match those shown in Glassberg, but
the ground color is not as red as expected.  Neither of us had ever seen a
Leonard's before, so we would like to get some other opinions.  We would
appreciate all comments.

Harold Howell
Grainger County
Rutledge, TN