[TN-Butterflies] Pollination program at the UT Arboretum

  • From: klight10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-moths-bounce TN Moth Group <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Diana Stock-Prescott <diana.stockprescott@xxxxxxx>, "barkman, Dottie" <barkmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Butternuts (group)" <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Daniels, Loni" <alexdrama98@xxxxxxxxx>, "Cushman, Bob" <cushmanrm@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dresner, Blancbe" <bdresner1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Fitchpatrick, Pat" <wolf5239@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Hitchcock, Whitey" <drwhitey@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jernigan, Emily" <emily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kelley, Renee (EPSSC)" <slk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Maples, Terri" <tmaples500@xxxxxxxxx>, "Mayes, Ken" <ken.mayes@xxxxxxxx>, "Samuels, Charles" <Samuels253@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Vick, David" <vickdo@xxxxxxxx>, "Yoshida, Mika" <writemika@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:36:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hello to my lepidopterist friends!

On Sat. Aug. 14 at 10 a.m. I will be giving a presentation at the University of
TN Arboretum in Oak Ridge, called "The Birds and Bees of Pollination". We will
discuss the different tricks and strategies that flowers use to attract their
pollinators. After the presentation, we will go out into the gardens and see
some of those pollinators in action (lots of hummingbirds, butterflies,
bees and maybe even a few moths). I'd love to see you if you are interested in
learning more about how flowers and their pollinators interact. :)

Kris Light