[TN-Butterflies] Owl's Hill/Nashville 4th of July Butterfly Count Saturday, July 11 from 10 am - 4 pm

  • From: "owlshill" <owlshill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Owl's Hill" <owlshill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:45:29 -0500

Folks,

This Saturday, July 11,  is the Owl's Hill/Nashville Butterfly Count.  It will
be the 12th year for this count - Wow! a dozen years of lovely butterflies!

The counting circle includes the Warner Parks, Radnor Lake, Cheekwood, Bison
Meadows, Pinkerton Park,  Grassland Park, Owl's Hill and everywhere in between.
 If you are available to count at one of these sites,  please contact me so we
can coordinate our counting parties.  Those counting at Owl's Hill will meet
just before 10 at the Visitor Center to begin.  If you would like to count
another area, but want to meet at Owl's Hill  first, the gates will be open by
9:00 am.

If you live within this circle (Montpier Farms, Franklin, Brentwood, Belle
Meade, West Meade, Oak Hill, Forest Hills), you can count your own garden or
neighborhood.  Please notify me if you would like to do this, then send your
results, including time spent, to me at owlshill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  If you are
unsure whether you live within the count circle, give me a call and I will
check!

There is a minimal fee to participate - $3/person.  This helps defray costs of
checking, organizing and publishing the data.  If you send a check for your
participation fee, please make it out to NABA Middle Tennessee, as the local
club must send a single check to the national office.  Checks should be sent to
the Owl's Hill address below.

Thank you for your interest in butterflies!

Nancy Garden
Secretary
NABA of Middle Tennessee

Send checks to:  NABA of Middle Tennessee
                            c/o Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary
                            545 Beech Creek Road
                            Brentwood TN 37027