[TN-Butterflies] Meeman-Shelby Forest Count

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:55:34 -0500

Hi All,
Thanks so much to everyone that responded about the possibility of delaying the
count until next weekend. This has been tough to work around the weather with
the forecasts changing every few hours. Both Saturdays are calling for rain,
but next weekend is calling for the rain to happen in the afternoon. So it
kind of came down to how many people said they could count on which day, and
more people said they could help next Saturday. So I am moving the count to
next Saturday. We will start at 9:30 sharp and if you can make it earlier, we
may start counting right around the visitors center early. And since we may
need to push to get our hours in, we may have a late lunch, so you may want to
bring a snack you can take along with you. Please let me know if you plan to
be there by Friday so I will be on the lookout for you.

There may be a few Tennessee Naturalist students getting volunteer hours.
There is a $3 fee to NABA, and no collecting. We suggest you bring close
focusing binoculars if you have them, but they aren't necessary. We look
forward to meeting you.

There will be no other attempt to do this count if we are rained out.

Yours,
Bart Jones
Memphis, Shelby Co.