[TN-Butterflies] Meadow Fritillary in Johnson County

  • From: Doug Bruce <s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:10:07 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

While photographing butterflies in Johnson County today, I ran across a Meadow Fritillary, a life species for me.

Steve Stedman's description of its flight is painfully accurate. This individual flew low and long and very fast. I eventually got close enough to take some photos.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/DougLepidoptera/Johnson_Co/BFLYHFRmeadowfritillaryCrossMtnTrlHdJohnsonCoTN09Oct10DBruce_1.jpg

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/DougLepidoptera/Johnson_Co/BFLYHFRmeadowfritillaryCrossMtnTrlHdJohnsonCoTN09Oct10DBruce_2.jpg

Doug Bruce
Oak Ridge, TN

The FAQ can be found by logging in at //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.