[TN-Butterflies] FOY & BAMONA for Hamilton County

  • From: "David Spicer" <dspicer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TN Butterflies'" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:33:36 -0400

Scott and I visited several locations in Hamilton County this afternoon. In
most places there aren't as many butterflies around as there were a few
weeks ago. In the northern part of the county we found a place with some
white asters that were loaded with butterflies even though what appeared to
be the same flowers elsewhere only had a few.

Among the species seen today were several winter form Dainty Sulphurs. As
far as I know this is FOY for the species in the county and is a BAMONA
record. I will be sending a picture to Steve in a separate email.

Also seen:
White/Common Checkered-Skipper
Little Yellow
Checkered White