[TN-Butterflies] Re: Juniper Hairstreak

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:44:17 -0500

Hey Doug,Yes, I would say this is just individual variation, but it is a bit
odd to have such a displacement of a band like that.  But I don't think it is a
described variation. Bart JonesMemphis, Shelby Co.
 From: s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Juniper Hairstreak
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:34:33 -0400

On a trip to Meigs and McMinn counties last weekend with Mindy Fawver and
Harold Howell, we found an atypically marked Juniper Hairstreak.  See
attached.

I wasn’t able to find a match for this hindwing pattern among the many
described races/subspecies of the species.  Is this just individual
variation?

~ Doug