[TN-Butterflies] Goatweed Leafwing photo

  • From: Carol Wolf <humble1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists tn-butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 16:55:17 -0500

It was a beautiful day today so I had to go out and see what was about. I have a little route that I drive and have found some favorite places. I have found Goatweed Leafwing now in 3 different places and was lucky enough to get this photo today. I saw it flying around so I just stood in the road and it landed right beside me. How lucky could I get!!

There are still many Falcate Orangetips flying.

Eastern Tiger Swallowtails -- 7
Zebra Tiger Swallowtails - many -at least 20
FOY Spicebush Swallowtail --2 photo
FOY Monarch -- 5
Harvester  -- 7
FOY West Virginia White 3 Photo
Duskywings  -- probably more than 50
Orange Sulphur  8

I think that was all.  Also many beautiful wildflowers.

Carol Wolf
Woodbury, TN
Cannon County

JPEG image