[TN-Butterflies] Re: Florida Butterflies

  • From: Carol Wolf <humble1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:36:11 -0500

Just beautiful photos!!  Thanks for posting them for all to see.

Carol Wolf
Woodbury

On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:03 AM, Bart Jones wrote:

Hi All,
I just got back from a short vacation to South Florida where I got in a couple of days of butterflying. I got several lifers, but I think I was the most excited about seeing a Fulvous Hairstreak. They are tiny, even smaller than a Red-banded Hairstreak! A couple of other notables were a Mangrove Skipper (huge) and a Malachite, and of course it's hard to top the Atalas. I'm attaching several photos to give you a taste of the South Florida butterflies you might encounter in July (the Ruddy Daggerwing was taken last year, but did see them this year also.)

Bart Jones
Memphis, Shelby County

Bing™ brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Try it now. <Atala5.jpg><Barred Yellow.jpg><Cassius Blue1.jpg><Fulvous Hairstreak1.jpg><Julia Heliconian.jpg><Malachite5.jpg><Mangrove Skipper.jpg><Queen2.jpg><White Peacock.jpg><Ruddy Daggerwing2.jpg>