[TN-Butterflies] Confused Cloudywing

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:28:29 -0700 (PDT)

I just sighted #4 for this year. 3 of the 4 have been in the same spot which is
a section of my driveway about 15 feet in diameter. I don't know what it is
about this spot but they like it. I've compared photos and the 3 on the
driveway are definitely 3 different 'flies. When spooked, all 3 flew in a big
circle and returned to the same general spot. The other one was feeding on
Lantana a few weeks ago and I didn't bother taking any pictures of that one
since it let me get close enough for a visual ID.

Based on my observations, their preferred habitat is a dirty driveway. ;-)

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.