[TN-Butterflies] Baddest Butterfly in Polk County

  • From: "J. Basham" <jbasham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:42:50 -0400

I don't usually see Butterflies sitting on barbed wire, thought it was interesting. She wouldn't fly, no matter how close I got with the camera, Thought at first that maybe her little feet had melted to the metal (it was only 97 degrees). Turns out that it was just too hot for any of us to do anything very energetic.

The second hatch of the Mottled Duskywings were out, and the second hatch of the Horace's Duskywings were out as well. Am including some shots of the Horace's, male and female, dorsal and ventral. The Horace's is a Bamona Polk County record.

Thanks,

Julius Basham

JPEG image

JPEG image