[TN-Bird] Re: weird week in the neighborhood / starlings

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:56:38 EST

Someday, I will have to show you all a picture of a great blue heron that was
on the "hot tin roof" of a maintenance shed at the oasis in the middle of the
Nevada desert at the Desert National Wildlife Range headquarters just east of
Mount Charleston.  It stomped around up there for several minutes before
flying off toward the mountains.  For a moment there, I had mused to myself
that
maybe it was going to hop onto the John Deere tractor and drive itself out of
the desert.  Of course, that was one of those moments when the heat had seared
into my brain, so I was probably delusional.
Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN