[TN-Bird] shorebirds

  • From: "Ruth Luckado" <luck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:23:03 -0500

Dale Swant and I were at the sod farm, Hickerson Rd, Coffee Co. from about
9-10:30AM. today. Dale had been there yesterday, also.

4 Buff-breasted Sandpipers
3 Pectorals
1Black-bellied Plover
25-30 Meadowlarks
an abundance of Horned Larks
an abundance of swallows,mostly Trees, but also some Barn, Cliff, and 2 Banks .

The shorebirds were in the area before the left  curve as before, BUT on the
right side . If you are coming in via Asbury Rd.  There is a sodded field, then
a removed sod section, then another sodded field; and the sandpipers were
feeding along the edges of the removed sod area and the sodded field behind or
moving back and forth between the green and the dirt sections.

I wonder-- if all the sod farm areas could be covered, what numbers would be
found---I guess random sample does anot apply here.

Ruth Luckado
Tullahoma, Tn