[TN-Bird] Re: fledglings

  • From: <thornius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 16:39:37 -0400

I, too, have been busy with fledglings.  My quasi-pet Northern Mockingbird, Mr.
Mocky< showed up at my feeders in the last couple of weeks with a wife and two
kids.  I have pictures of all of them on my picture site.  American Robin
fledglings are all over my yard, noisily begging their parents for food.  I
believe the House Sparrows should be bringing their offspring out soon.  I can
hear their young feeding in the nests already.
     All of these fledglings and their parents are packed into the three
mulberry trees in my yard eating mulberries until they pop.  In addition I have
been invaded by swarms of Cedar Waxwings in the last couple of weeks.  I have
FINALLY been able to get some fairly decent pictures of them after two years of
trying.  I have also had quite a few Eastern Kingbirds and Great Blue Herons
flying over.  Yesterday I had a new Yardbird; an American Kestrel was flying
around my yard.
     I am thinking about using a new term for birders to go along with Lifebird
and Yardbird.  Now having become and avid bird photographer I have invented the
term, "Camerabird", to refer to the first time you take a decent picture of a
species you have not previously photographed before.  Well, That's all for now.

Good Birding!

Nat Winston III

Hermitage, TN

thornius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx