[TN-Bird] Yard Warblers

  • From: "Tommy Curtis" <tcbirdwatch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:08:03 -0500

Since last Sunday we've had the beginning of migratory warblers in our yard - a
female Hooded, a Worm-eating, a Black and White, a female Common Yellowthroat,
and male and female American Redstarts with what we think were two young.  In
addition, there were 7 Red-eyed Vireos in the cherry tree at one time.  We also
saw a Northern Harrier go over the yard on Wednesday.  And there are hordes of
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at the feeders.

Keep your eyes on the skies - you never know what could appear suddenly.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis
Smithville, Tennessee
DeKalb County