[tn-bird] Whooping Cranes Over Tn Walk-a-thon

  • From: JimmWilkerson@xxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:03:59 EDT

Friends of Cranes,
The Walkathon started at the Tennessee Kentucky border on Wednesday morning
without a hitch, as is evidenced by a picture that should be posted on the
web by now.  Robbie and Dave Hassler's extended family and friends rallied to
walk in Dave's place and showed support for Robbie so she would not walk
alone.
Dave is doing better, and we all send our Love.
I heard the Crane Kite on it's very long pole flew well, but the real cranes
did not get off the ground.
There are 120 miles of the 140 left to walk. Good luck to all the walk
volunteers on today's leg.
Cynthia Wilkerson
Hixson, TN
Barbeque ticket reservations must be to me by Wednesday noon at
Craneinfo2cs.com.