[TN-Bird] White-faced Ibis Humphreys and Benton Counties

  • From: Ruben Stoll <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 18:26:31 -0500

10/18/2015
While Alan Troyer and I were doing our kayak route for waterfowl this
afternoon, Alan spotted 3 plegadis Ibis overhead, coming from the Duck
River Unit, TNWR, Humphreys County, and circling overhead several times
before heading West over Benton County.
As they circled in good lighting we saw what appeared to be red facial
skin on at least 2 of the birds.
If I'm correct, this should eliminate Glossy Ibis as I.D. competitors.
Ruben Stoll, Centerville TN.