[TN-Bird] W- Ibis and Least Bittern Plus - Memphis

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:55:46 -0400 (EDT)

July 15, 2011
Ensley Bottoms
President's Island
Shelby Co. TN

Had a few hours to kill today and found the following: TVA  Lake - 1 Least
Bittern, it has been a while since I've seen one on  lake during breeding
season. There is a pair not far away so this might be  one of those, also 15
Black-b Whistlers, a pair of DC Cormorants plus lots of  Least Terns.

At the "Pits": 2 Black-b Whistlers, B-n Stilts and Killdeer  with young in
uncountable numbers, 233 Least Sandpipers, 1 Western, 1 Solitary,  3
Pectoral and 2 S-b Dowitchers.

On President's Island, I photographed an immature White Ibis  while
checking out the Western Kingbirds, hybrids and Scissor-tailed  Flycatchers.

No as hot today but.....................

Good  Birding!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington  Road
Bartlett, TN 38135
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this  feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.