[TN-Bird] Thank You

  • From: "Troy Ettel" <Troy.Ettel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:10:26 -0500

TNBIRDERS:
As many of you are aware, I will be leaving my position with the
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency effective July 18. I have accepted a
position as Director of Conservation and Stewardship with New Jersey
Audubon in Bernardsville, NJ and will begin my position there in early
September, immediately following my August wedding and honeymoon.
I want to sincerely express my gratitude for all of the help and support
so many of you have provided me and the state bird program in the 3
years that I have been in this position. TOS and Tennessee Birders have
carved a place in the national movement for increased protection and
conservation of birds. Tennessee is often used nationally as an example
of how bird conservation can become a reality and how a group of birders
can be strong advocates and supporters of bird conservation. This is a
legacy established long ago that I am sure will continue and only get
stronger in the future. There is still so much to do and accomplish if
the birds that we all care about are to continue to persist in the
generations that will follow us.

Thank you again. I hope that the opportunity to continue the friendships
and working relationships I am lucky enough to have with many of you
might carryover into my new position. Perhaps in the not too distant
future, I might even see a team of TN Birders in New Jersey
participating in the World Series of Birding?

Best wishes to you all.

Troy Ettel
State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency