[TN-Bird] Swift Movement

  • From: "Tom Howe" <blountbirder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TN-bird'" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:59:15 -0400

Blount Co.

10/16/2014

The was some very fast movement below the clouds on the north face of the
Chilhowee Mountains at Camp Montvale this morning. We saw probably 3X as
many warblers passing swiftly though that we could I.D. Lots of
rose-breasted grosbeaks still around. We had our FOS Winter Wren and one
each of a late Northern Waterthrush and Scarlet Tanager, which ebird seems
to think is rare now. There just seems to be quite a bit still migrating,
even as the swamp sparrows, Lincoln's sparrows, marsh wrens and other late
fall arrivals have come in. I also had a group of 75 Turkey Vultures
kettling over the house at noon during some strong WNW winds.

Tom Howe & Doug Schneeberger

Alcoa