[TN-Bird] Swan in Madison county

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 15:05:07 -0800 (PST)

A friend of mine just called to report a swan on Blair Lake in northeast
Madison County. Blair Lake is a private lake adjacent to Springbrook Lake
surrounded by the Springbrook subdivision. This is just east of Jackson, north
of I-40, south-southwest of US Hwy. 70 and west of Hwy. 152 (Law Road). He
described the swan to me over the phone and it appears to be a grayish
immature, either Tundra or Trumpeter Swan. It was swimming with some Canada
Geese.

He lives in the area and was going to check on the bird again in the morning. I
may try to go see the bird tomorrow.

Good birding,

Mark Greene
Trenton, TN