[TN-Bird] Sullivan Co. Sunday Crow

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:24:19 EDT

Sunday 18 APR 2004
S. Holston Lake, Sullivan Co., TN
D. Holt

Thank you to Wallace Coffey, Rack Cross, Sammee Cross, Mary Erwin, Janice and
Fred Martin for coming out to Musicks Campground Sunday morning to help me
learn about tern identification.  That rare tern from the land of Maybeneverwas
sure made for a fun morning.  I promise I won't make any jokes about what good
terns deserve, for fear of launching a verbal avalanche that will leave no
stone unturned.

Some neat things that actually were there:
Red-breasted Merganser
Broad-winged Hawk
Solitary Sandpiper
Greater Yellowlegs
Herring Gull
Forster's Tern
Chimney Swift
House Wren

Also, earlier that morning, at Cold Springs Presbyterian Church I saw a
Baltimore Oriole.

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN