[TN-Bird] Stones River Greenway, 8-12-11

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:23:58 -0700 (PDT)

Stones River Greenway, between Broad St. Trailhead & Bark ParkRutherford
Co.8/12/11
In only about 20 minutes of birding (I was on a very tight schedule - LOL), I
managed to round up the following:
Great Blue HeronMourning DoveGreat Crested FlycatcherEastern KingbirdAmerican
CrowBlue JayCarolina ChickadeeCarolina WrenAmerican RobinYellow WarblerField
SparrowNorthern CardinalAmerican Goldfinch
Nothing to write home about, but I'll take 13 species within about 50 square
yards of each other any day. I've always thought the greenway system in
Murfreesboro was a very underrated place to bird.
Daniel Estabrooks